A beautiful smile definitely feels great and can increase both your confidence and well-being. Therefore, it is no surprise that Americans are spending more than $2.75 billion per year on cosmetic dentistry and that figure is constantly increasing every year. One of the fastest and easiest way to a perfect smile is the application of dental veneers.
What is a dental veneer?
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored dental material, designed to cover the front surface of your teeth either for
aesthetical or for functional reasons. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length.
Dental veneers can be produced from dental porcelain or from resin composite materials. However, porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and look and feel much more natural.
3 Strongest Myths about Porcelain Veneers
1. Veneers are unnaturally white and noticeable – The truth is that dental veneers have come a long way, and these days, they are absolutely natural in appearance. In addition, their shape and color can be customized to blend in perfectly with your existing teeth. Thus, veneers are naturally looking and not noticeable.
2. Veneers are applicable only for aesthetic purposes – It is true that the primary purpose of veneers is to improve the aesthetics of your smile. However, they can very well be used to rebuild molars or replace worn, misshapen or discolored teeth.
3. Veneers need to replace your entire tooth – Though the application of veneers require some reshaping, most people need only a minimal amount of it. Veneers can now be made as thin as 0.3mm, so the preparation work that is needed is absolutely minimum.
Are dental veneers the right solution for me?
Dental veneers can gradually improve the shape, color and position of your teeth. In addition, veneers can be used for restore a single fractured or discolored tooth or multiple teeth to create a flawless smile.
Porcelain veneers are often a suitable solution for the following concerns:
- Cracked, chipped, or worn down teeth
- Misaligned or misshapen teeth
- Stained or yellowed teeth
- Gaps between teeth
How can you benefit from Dental veneers?
The benefits of porcelain veneers are many, but the most important ones are the following:
- Absolutely natural looking, flawless smile
- Minimum intervention on your real teeth
- Fast treatment and immediate results, compared to orthodontic treatment
- Veneers do not change color over time and are stain-resistant
- Veneers are durable and long-lasting dental solution
Veneers are a great option to really enhance your smile. However, in order to achieve the best results, be sure to consult a real dental professional, who will guide you in the process of choosing and implementing the best treatment for your individual needs. If you live or work in Seattle, WA, you can rely onDr. Mitch Marder, who can help you achieve the smile of your dreams.